Procurement Director - Protein
Our client, a highly successful global Food manufacturing market leader seeks a passionate, energetic Director of Procurement for a critical leadership opportunity.
In this strategic leadership role, you will build a vision and disseminate a culture of continuous improvement, as you direct sourcing and cost saving initiatives focused across the protein procurement process. This is a strategic role whereyou will lead a team of two, with the goal of improving contract negotiations, managementand supplier relationships. Emphasis will be on improving the supply base, sustainability, and the level of service to the organization.
Location: Hybrid location In office in Omaha on Tuesday to Thursday.
Compensation:$150,000 - $180,000 base + 20% Bonus + Long Term Incentive + 9% 401k match + Full Relocation.
- Lead and manage the assigned categories to include Protein sourcing and replenishment strategies that will:
- Jointly plan and develop a high-performing network of suppliers that meet sourcing benchmarks and increase network capacity.
- Work hand in hand with, and advise replenishment teams on best practices and new strategies for inventory management, troubleshooting issues as needed.
- Reduceoverall cost basis through targeted category continuous improvement plans and vendor strategies.
- Oversee your strategy team as they implement strategic sourcing negotiations and partnership planning.
- Develop and coach a high-performing team of 2.
- Bachelors Degree.
- 10+ yrs experience in procurement/strategic sourcing in the food/beverage ingredients, or 10+ years wholesale Protein sales experience to Food Manufacturers.
- Proven success in developing, mentoring and managing a team.
- Understanding of budget management, and sourcing risk management.
Great company, prioritizes quality of life, great benefits, excellent growth opportunities
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 150000
Salary Max : 180000
Currency Type : US Dollars