This position reports to the Maintenance Manager and will be responsible for managing all plant computer systems, analyzing current programs as well as creating new plant programmable control systems. Most of the responsibilities will be programming and troubleshooting Allen Bradley and Rockwell automation PLC equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Troubleshoot all current PLC and computer-related processes.
- Create new programs, process controls, and computer-related systems.
- Help to Implement PlantPAx Distribution Control System.
- Assist the maintenance department in preventative maintenance duties using data from computer processes
- Assist the engineering department in cost-reduction projects involving automation
- Work with Corporate IT on any upgrades or system modifications
- Some travel to two other sites
- Any kind of degree - bachelor's or associate's OR equivalent work experience in manufacturing.
- Experience with Allen Bradley or Rockwell PLC equipment
- a Plus if they are familiar with Rockwell's PlantPAx Distirubtion control System
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
This company supplies and packages liquids for both residential and commercial needs. There are multiple facilities located throughout the US. The company would like to find local candidates but has not had much luck. They will offer a lump sum bonus for relocation. Would prefer to stay within the Iowa, Illinois and Missouri region.