We are currently seeking additional Physicians to join our growing comprehensive Health Risk Assessment, Complex Care Program and Chronic Care Management teams as we further extend our operations serving a variety of Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, and Commercial clients.Looking for folks who are interested in outpatient clinic to treat geriatric and adult chronic care patients.
Join the premier home-based healthcare provider and medical services company. We are an innovative, multi-specialty practice experiencing tremendous growth nationwide.
Focus is comprehensive care at home to improve outcomes and reduce total healthcare costs.
Reports to Practice Manager
A main focus of our practices:
- Comprehensive Health Risk Assessments (HRA): health plans contract with the organization to conduct in-home comprehensive health assessments in order to ensure patients medical well being and to provide accurate data for HCC (Hierarchical Condition Categories) coding, STAR ratings and reimbursement.
- Complex Care Program (CCP): health plans look to us to conduct in-home longitudinal care for medically complex patients with chronic illnesses in an effort improve clinical outcomes. Our team collaborates with the patients primary care physicians (PCPs), and our visits serve as an adjunct to the care delivered by the PCP.
- Chronic Care Management (CCM): Alegis Care contracts with and receives referrals from health plans to assume primary care of chronically ill patients with high admission rates and multiple emergency department visits in an effort to improve clinical outcomes. Nurse practitioners work alongside physicians delivering care in the patients home.
- Function as day-to-day clinical leader, providing decision support to nurse practitioners and collaborating with the multidisciplinary team
- Perform preventive visits daily to optimize chronic conditions, assess home environment, and develop proactive care plans
- Educating patients and/or patients family on chronic medical conditions, preventative care, and medication adherence compliance;
- Perform urgent care visits in the home and telephonically to avoid unnecessary ED transfers and hospital admissions
- Leverage the support of care team such as: nurse care manager behavioral health, social work, and pharmacy to meet patients medical, biopsychosocial, and financial needs
- Assume responsibility as home-based PCP in some cases where there is no PCP and in other cases co-manage the patient with the PCP and serve as an extension of clinical care into the home
- Coordinate with other physicians across the continuum of care, including hospitalist, specialists, PCPs (in some cases), and SNF providers to smooth transitions and prevent readmissions
- Perform Telehealth visits at times when needed
- Complete appropriate and thorough clinical documentation of acute and chronic health issues through patient encounter in EMR system;
- Complete EMR documentation in a timely manner; Ensuring all appropriate consent forms are signed and dated; Interpreting laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions;
- Performing ADL and fall risk assessments; cognitive impairment, depression, and nutritional health screening; BMI measurement; medication reconciliation;
- Participating in frequent telephonic clinical meetings and web-based trainings; however, provider will occasionally be required to attend on-site training for which the provider will be reimbursed;
- Complete chart reviews for advanced practice providers as determined by market Participating in quality processes such as medical documentation audits and quality projects;
- Serving as a mentor or coach to advance practice providers in ongoing quality and performance improvement processes;
- Improving provider relations through direct communication, knowledge of appropriate evidence-based clinical information, and the fostering of positive collegial relationships;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the practice manager or medical director.
- Perform HRA (health risk assessments) on patient panel
- Interpreting laboratory data and diagnostic testing when available to assist in diagnosis of medical conditions;
Also perform limited Care Management duties
- Candidate must be willing to travel up to a 30-60 miles radius from their home zip code (company car provided or mileage reimbursed)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Requirements:
- Board Certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine;
- Geriatric Medicine subspecialty training or experience preferred;
- DEA license and State Controlled Substance license upon hire;
- Must have valid state drivers license, be able to drive your car, provide your own vehicle, and have proof of adequate automobile insurance;
- Highly motivated, self-directed professional with strong organizational skills and comfortable working independently on a daily basis;
- Strong background/interest in primary care and preventative medicine;
- Excellent clinical assessment and analytical skills;
- Board Certified (MD or DO) in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- Must have current BLS certification
- Must have active/unrestricted license in state of Tennessee
- Must be able to be credentialed by Medicare, Medicaid, and other Private Insurance Companies.
If you will be working at home occasionally or permanently, the internet connection must be obtained through a cable broadband or fiber optic internet service provider with speeds of at least 10Mbps download/5Mbps upload
An opportunity to impact patient outcomes for chronic care patients with transition of care. Performing home visits with patients enrolled in Complex Care Program. Initial visits are comprehensive evaluations with subsequent visits targeting risk factors for disease exacerbations and hospitalizations;
Collaborate with the multidisciplinary teams - patients PCPs and health plan case managers;
Hybrid role - telermedicine and some home visits.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 220000
Salary Max : 245000
Currency Type : US Dollars