Hospital Laboratory Director
100 – 115 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Job description:Top Client in need of Director of Lab
The Director of Laboratory is responsible for directing the 24-hour operations and activities of the clinical laboratory to meet organizational and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for laboratory specimen collection, specimen management, clerical functions, in-house and referral testing services. Actively participates in strategic and budgetary planning for assigned areas of responsibility. You will also provide direction to department personnel to achieve operational and technical objectives including workflow design, service quality, financial performance, regulatory compliance, personnel management, patient satisfaction, healthy work environment, and integration of intra and inter-departmental activities.
- Is proficient with personal computers and information systems relative to job duties
- Excellent team building and organizational skill to interact with co-workers to promote a harmonious and cooperative working environment
- Thorough knowledge and application of principles of effective communication
- Ability to plan, organize and effectively present ideas and concepts to groups
- Ability to assimilate information from a variety of sources, analyze and recommend action to be taken
- Well organized with persistent follow through technique
- Demonstrates skill required to supervise, teach and motivate staff
- Demonstrates excellent problem solving and sound decision making skills
- Development and monitoring of statistical analysis of quality measurements and standards
- Continually monitors and stays abreast of legislative and regulatory changes affecting the laboratory industry, and ensures changes are accurately communicated to affected departments and implemented on a timely basis
- Follows safety policies and procedures
- Protects sensitive and confidential information by actively participating in the Security Awareness program
- Adheres to company policies and standards regarding security
- Completes assigned Healthstream courses on an annual basis
- Available to work during disasters.
What qualifications you will need:
- 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology - Post Graduate Degree preferred
- State of Florida Supervisor License
- Licensure in at least 3 of the following areas - Blood Bank/Immunohematology, Chemistry, Hematology, Histology, Microbiology, Serology/Immunology
- Licensure in all of the above preferred
- More than 5 years as a Supervisor - or 3-5 years in a Manager setting
- Blood Bank Experience Required.
- This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great benefits! Relocation offered! Bonus Potential!
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 100
Salary Max : 115
Currency Type : US Dollars