We are seeking for a compassionate Hospice Nurse to provide care and support to terminally ill patients. Your calm and attentive presence, expert administration of care, and unwavering spirit of compassion creates a bond to the patient and that invites comfort and peace throughout the end-of-life journey.Hospice Nurse Responsibilities:
- Collaborating on terminally ill patients' care with physicians, social workers, chaplains, nursing assistants, and other stakeholders.
- Preparing and adjusting patient care plans as needed.
- Frequently visiting patients to monitor vital signs and physical comfort levels.
- Performing prescribed treatments and administering pain management medications.
- Informing physicians about changes in patients' conditions.
- Providing loved ones and primary caregivers with patient care information, end-of-life education, and emotional support.
- Maintaining and updating medical charts, patient files, and health records.
- Notifying attending physicians, hospice staff members, and family members of patients' deaths when they occur.
Advising grieving family members on coping techniques, counseling services, and available community resources.
- Associates degree, preferred
- Registered Nurse license required
- Minimum one year of experience, preferred - required in California
- Previous experience in hospice, home health, general medical surgical or patient population specific (i.e.: geriatrics, pediatric, etc.) nursing.
- Willingness to serve on-call
- Must have reliable transportation & valid driver's license
We are seeking for a compassionate Hospice Nurse to provide care and support to terminally ill patients.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 84000
Salary Max : 89000
Currency Type : US Dollars