Top Client in need of Assistant Director Health Information Management
Job SummaryUnder the direction of the Facility HIM Director (FHIMD), the Assistant Facility HIM Director will assist the FHIMD with HIM operational planning, service level agreements, budgets, workflow processes, and internal controls. The Assistant HIM Director actively participates in the facility based unbilled management process and resolution of issues contributing to unbilled accounts. With assistance from the Regional HIM Director, the Assistant Director will provide FHIMD coverage when the FHIMD position is vacant.
- Assist the FHIMD with leading and managing facility based HIM operations and staff including, but not limited to, record pick up and reconciliation, release of information request processing, hardcopy retrieval of medical records, processing of birth certificate/paternity, document imaging (prepping, scanning and indexing), physician chart completion and unbilled activities. At times may assist in performing these functions.
- Assist with the management of the hospital based HIM staff, including hiring, coaching, disciplining and counseling staff, and productivity and quality monitoring.
- Participate in communication and customer service efforts with HIM personnel, facility departments, facility department and unit leadership, facility leadership and medical staff.
- Assist with ensuring all applicable EHR and Computer Assisted Coding (e.g., HPF, MPF, Cerner, Epic, MEDITECH, 3M 360 Encompass) workflow queues (includes, but is not limited to, the Facility HIM Department Queue, all Coding Pend for Queues, Review Queues, Unknown Document Queue, Cancelled Accounts Queue and all Wait for Workflow Trigger Queues) are worked according to established workflow policies and guidelines.
- Work collaboratively with Medical Staff and Facility Leadership to comply with standards and guidelines enforced through the hospitals Medical Staff Bylaws/Rules and Regulations (e.g., suspension of privileges) and assists with the facilitation and execution of physician notification processes regarding medical record documentation deficiency, delinquency and physician suspension.
- Provide, and/or assist the HIM staff in providing, EHR/CAC record completion and medical record viewing training and education to medical staff members and to other clinical and ancillary personnel.
- Secondary facility contact for external agencies requiring onsite viewing of medical records.
- Proactively manage, including corresponding communications and escalation paths, significant issues in HIM operations (e.g., backlogs, turnover), status of projects, barriers and successes.
- In conjunction with the FHIMD, serve as a liaison between HIM, coding and/or abstraction and Facility Administration, Facility Department Leadership, and Medical Staff Leadership, building and maintaining strategic working relationships with the facility and department leadership (working through specific issues, committee meetings, monthly updates, etc.).
Associate's degree required; Bachelors degree preferred. Facility HIM leadership experience in medium to large hospital(s) may be substituted for degree requirement.
A minimum of 3-5 year of HIM department experience in an acute care setting is required
A minimum of 3 years healthcare management experience in an acute care setting.
RHIA or RHIT is mandatory
WILL NOT CONSIDER him FROM REHAB FACILITIES OR LTACWhy is This a Great Opportunity: