Top Client in need of Manager of Contracts and Procurement
Healthcare Experience Required.
- Responsible for negotiating industry leading national agreements for the group purchasing organization in the area of Nursing. Objective is to ensure best in class industry pricing and contract terms and conditions.
- Position's key area of focus will be sourcing initiatives that are primarily categories with low complexity, risk and sensitivity. Individual will own the negotiation of a portfolio in the spend range of $50m-$100m annually.
- It is preferred that the Individual possess knowledge or experience in principles and concepts related to sourcing and contracting.
- Individual requires time to build knowledge of the organization, processes, suppliers and customers. Individual will follow standard practices and policies in analyzing situations/data to solve a range of challenges and opportunities.
- Individual will receive guidance and oversight from manager but is expected to bring ideas and thought leadership to the categories they own.
Sourcing Process and Member Alignment
- Under supervision, the individual is responsible for the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. The process includes market research, strategy development, RFI/RFP/Bid preparation, contract negotiations (pricing and terms), gaining consensus on award decisions, and launching the contracts.
- Individual is responsible for presenting contract strategies and final award recommendations to internal stakeholders via the Functional Team Meeting and Dry Run meetings. Internal stakeholders include Senior Leaders and Functional Team members including finance, legal, clinical, portfolio specialists and others.
- Most importantly, individual is responsible for Strategy Validation and Final Award presentations to applicable customer-led Advisory Boards. Board types include groups of physicians/clinicians, supply chain executives, or non-clinical subject matter experts. Individual must be articulate and able to present effectively. Individual must be able to align members and garner consensus. Manager will guide and oversee individual in conversations with board
To be considered for the Contracts Manager role you will need:
- Accredited College Bachelor's Degree required (Supply Chain, Healthcare, Business, Finance)
- Ideal candidate will have healthcare experience in strategic sourcing and negotiating contracts.
Relocation Provided, Bonus Potential