- Physical Therapist - Outpatient:
Direct HireDay Shift - Monday -Friday with one weekend day a month.Full-TimeCompetitive Salary, based on experienceExcellent Benefits PackageRetention BonusLocation: Troy, PA (25 miles south of Elmira, NY)
Position Summary: The incumbent shall be responsible for providing a full range of physical therapy services including assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the positions qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving, and productivity enhancement in an interdisciplinary setting.
Education, License & Cert: The incumbent shall, at a minimum, be a graduate of an accredited fouryear Bachelors degree program (or foreign equivalent). Current licensure in the state of practice is required. Current BLS Certification mandated.
Experience: Education/experience in working with patients to assist in rehabilitation of disabled or injured individuals throughout their lifespan.
1. Communicates and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers, and others.
2. Conduct initial assessments, chooses the appropriate assessment tools, chooses appropriate adaptive equipment/materials used in the assessment based on the age and the development level of the patient, patient assessment is completed and in the medical record as outlined in policy and procedure. Data is documented in the appropriate areas.
3. Develop individualized treatment plans, short and long term goals are written objectively and are measurable, specifically related to a functional deficit if ongoing treatment planned within a specific time frame. Interventions are selected based on assessment results and are appropriate for age, cognitive abilities and/or development level of the patient and may include administering medication as ordered.
4. Evaluate patient response to treatment. Patient response to the treatment plan is evaluated as evidenced by patient achievement of goals and/or goal revision, the treatment plan is updated as needed. Information is provided to patient/family regarding current status, program planning and discharge plans throughout the rehabilitation program.
5. Document the course of patient care including progress made to justify need for skilled intervention versus lack of progress and further clinical recommendation communicated with referring providers. Interventions and effects are documented daily according to policy and procedure. Daily progress notes are completed according to policy and procedure. Progress notes in outpatient are to be completed at least every 10 visits and/or per state practice act. Appropriate capture of charges related to treatment provided. Discharge summaries are completed according to policy and procedures.
6. Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence. Integrates family members into the treatment, educational and discharge planning process for a safe transition home, and to ensure continued care needs are met. Effectiveness of education measured by peer input, family verbal feedback and patient satisfaction surveys and quality metrics. Educational methods are adapted to meet patient and family education needs. Participates with multidisciplinary team, as needed, in all aspects of discharge planning including determination of appropriate next level of care.
7. Participating in continuing education/professional development activities. Attends/presents at departmental inservice sessions as scheduled. Attends external professional growth activities as scheduled and communicates information to the team.
8. Adhere to policies and practices of applicable federal and state guidelines, professional organizations, entity facilities and entity specific policies. Is familiar with and acts according to contents of applicable professional code, employee/handbook, unit Policy & Procedure and organizational policies.
9. Meets established organizational productivity standards within a fiscally responsible manner.
1. Other duties as assigned.
2. All equipment and duties within the Physical Therapy Department as listed on a Competency Checklist.
Become part of a tradition of excellence in health care. In all areas, youll find staff members who have committed themselves to serving the community. They area an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
- A graduate of an accredited four-year Bachelors degree program (or foreign equivalent).
- Current licensure in the state of practice is required.
- Current BLS Certification mandated.
- Direct HireDay Shift - Monday -Friday with one weekend day a month.Competitive Salary, based on experienceExcellent Benefits PackageRetention Bonus
About the area: Troy, Pa is 25 miles south of Elmira, NY. Troy is a borough in Bradford County, Pennsylvania. Maple syrup is a familiar delicacy in this area. You an try these and many other maple marvels at the Endless Mountains Maple Festival in Troy. Established in 1845 in Bradford County, Troy is famous for this all-day pancake breakfast; wagon rides, demonstrations, and live entertainment make the Maple Festival a memory that really sticks with visitors. The Bradford County Heritage Museum offers a look at early life in the town and features a general store, exhibits, artifacts, and blacksmithing and woodworking shops.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 73112
Salary Max : 111301
Currency Type : US Dollars