Unix & Storage Disaster Recovery Engineer (Hybrid)
75,000 – 105,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
The primary responsibility of the Unix and Storage Disaster Recovery Systems Engineer is maintenance of the enterprise backup environment, with a focus on ransomware protection and disaster recovery preparedness, especially for the Unix/Linux and Storage infrastructure.
- Administration and support of all supported Unix and Linux OS implementation, and the installation, setup, technical operation, and system administration of all enterprise storage systems.
- Provide direct technical support for the planning, coordination, programming, and implementation of releases, upgrades, or changes to Unix/Linux operating system software, and the range of applications and tools that support the testing and production environments relating to Unix/Linux computing.
- Ensures stable performance for the Unix/Linux environment through performance monitoring and tuning; ensures systems maintenance of Unix/Linux and all related systems.
- Plans and implements major software upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Full life cycle storage area network (SAN) administration, architecture, and support including storage utilizations/capacity planning and adjusting storage requirements.
- Designs modifications and changes to the SAN infrastructure and assists in the implementation and documentation of all configuration changes.
- Performs daily enterprise activities including management, zoning, provisioning, troubleshooting, and debugging.
- Provides status reporting (availability, performance capacity utilization) as required.
- Builds partnerships with project teams and works closely with internal and external customers and vendors to provide detailed analysis and trending of storage usage, ensuring that support expectations are maintained/exceeded, including planning of new or upgraded SAN and storage equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field and six (6) years of related systems/storage experience OR Associate's degree and eight (8) years related experience required.
- Experience with Enterprise Backup Solutions, disaster recovery, Unix/Linux system administration skills and/or Enterprise Storage administration skills required.
- Strong communication, analytical, interpersonal, and customer service skills required.
- Experience with Veritas NetBackup, Ubuntu, CentOS, Red Hat, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Python and shell scripting, Apache, Pure Storage, Dell/EMC Storage, and Brocade Fibre Channel networks preferred.
- Experience with Windows servers and VMware a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
- Excellent Pay and Benefits.
- On-site fitness center.
- Supports on-the-job training.
- Professional development, and continued education of its employees with a wide variety of opportunities.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars