Data Steward who will work directly with business, technology, and regulatory leaders to implement data governance best practices within The Data Steward needs to be knowledgeable in both business processes and data governance practices to align work effort with the most critical data initiatives and deliver solutions for data users.
The data steward is responsible for metadata collection, root cause analysis of data quality issues, and coordinating efforts to improve data quality. The ideal candidate is collaborative, able to communicate difficult data issues and potential solutions to senior level leaders and is a self-starter.
The data steward reports to the Head of Data Stewardship and is a member of the Data Governance team.
- Own one or more relationships with senior data owners and become an expert in their processes and data domains
- Work with investment teams, regulatory teams, and other data owners to identify their current and future data requirements
- Provide data expertise and business perspective to other Enterprise Data Group teams to help ensure the success of the entire organization
- Analyze and document business processes and metadata for supporting applications and data sets
- Actively populate and improve the Enterprise data catalog to provide the highest quality metadata to data users
- Liaison for data owners to coordinate with the Data Management team and provide data quality solutions including root cause analysis, data quality measurement, and data quality improvement
- Ensure that the implications, issues and risks relating to data are identified and assist with the effective communication of this information and resolution to mitigate these.
- Experience working in a regulated financial industry. Asset management experience preferred
- Educated to Degree level and a minimum of five years of asset management or related finance industry experience
- Experience delivering end-to-end data initiatives on deadline and with high quality
- Strong communication skills including written, verbal, and presentations
- Ability to communicate difficult concepts to persons with varying data governance experience
- Experience facilitating meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas and problems are addressed
- Demonstrated relationship building including success with senior stakeholders
- Enthusiasm and demonstrates initiative, personal accountability, and a can-do attitude
Direct Manager Steward Role, Client Moving Very Fast