***Seeking current hands-on SAP SD configuration skills/experience***
We are an SAP shop with S/4 HANA at the core; surrounded by Integrated
Business Planning (IBP) for S&OP and Demand Planning, Vistex for Trade
Promotion and Deductions Management, and Sterling Business Integrator
for EDI trading partner collaboration. A single on-prem instance of S/4
HANA supports approximately 300 users worldwide and operates out of the
Tarrytown, NY office and data center.
The SAP SD Analyst will help support, maintain, and enhance SAP
functionality as needed to ensure consistent and reliable business
operations, while also enabling cost savings, market expansion, and
sales growth. The SAP SD analyst develops and supports models for
order-to-cash processes, which include receiving and processing sales
orders, scheduling and recording deliveries, entering pricing,
initiating billing and managing credit. The SAP SD Analyst supports the
master data that drives all these processes during the Sales and
Distributiondaily routine. Master data involves establishing customer
and material identities or codes. These codes will link across all of
the SD processes, tracking one product from a specific customer's order
through to the receipt of final payment and ultimately closing out the
Primary Responsibilities for the Senior SAP SD Analyst:
- Proactively identify and implement functional and technical
enhancements that yield measurable improvements to business
effectiveness and efficiency.
- Lead and/or directly contribute to IT projects and business
initiatives; including large-scale functional expansions, upgrades,
and Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Identify opportunities to fully leverage the strengths and
capabilities of SAP S/4 HANA.
- Diagnose and resolve functional / transactional issues.
- Provide business process, functional, and/or technical guidance as
needed to overcome day-to-day system-related challenges.
- Document solutions and take measures to prevent reoccurring issues.
- Proactively identify and implement functional and technical changes
to improve the timeliness and accuracy of business transactions,
prevent issues that may disrupt transactional flow, and ensure
consistent and reliable business operations.
- Strictly adhere to all IT General Controls and processes, including
Change Control, Access Management, Data Privacy, and Information
- Provide process, functional, and technical subject matter expertise
and guidance to internal business partners and IT team members.
- Document changes, prepare training materials, and deliver training
as needed to facilitate end-user adoption and continued system
- Support the teams trouble shooting and development efforts across
all SAP modules and interfaced systems when needed.
- Freely share information and support the efforts of others with a
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Expertise in SAP S/4 HANA SD and some experience with the MM modules
- Working knowledge of MM; familiarity with PP and QM is a plus
- Ability to design, test, SAP configuration changes
- Working knowledge of the Material Master, Business Partners (customer and vendor), Price Determination, and the use of multiple Company Codes and Business Areas
- Solid business process knowledge that spans Sales Order management and processing; Billing; some knowledge of Accounts Receivable is required.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Ability to trouble shoot, identify root cause, and lead the resolution of complex issues that span business processes, SAP modules, and integrated system.
- Ability to clearly and accurately document requirements, business processes, SAP functionality, and technical specifications.
- Prior S/4 Hana upgrade and Fiori experience is preferred
- Ability to define project scope, deliverables, resource needs, test plans, and project plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to foster positive and effective working relationships across all functions and organizational levels.
- Self-directing, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and direction
- Off hours and weekend work may be required from time to time in
support of technical issues and project work.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including designing and
implementing SAP Configuration changes in the Consumer Packaged
Goods industry (or similar)
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Fluent in English (written & spoken)
- Authorized for work in the United States
We are a well-recognized brand name consumer healthcare company with
annual sales near $1B per year through the organic growth of category
leading product lines, channel and geographic expansion, and a series of
strategic acquisitions. The companys success has been directly enabled
by best in class informational technology capabilities.
- Hybrid work hours, Monday and Friday work from home and Tuesday,
Wednesday and Thursday work on-site in a contemporary office
environment that is located in Tarrytown, NY