Our client is a leading technology provider for the aftersales industry,
The India Technology Centre of Excellence is an extension of the technology and operations teams in North America and Europe. and offers support 24 hours a day to manufacturers, dealers, repairers and insurers worldwide.
We are looking for asenior leader for the region, the VP-Engineering and Country Head India functions and supports thestrategic direction of the company and provides oversight and leadership for the day-to-day company operations
You will be responsible for end-to-end operationsof the India Technology Center of Excellence (COE) including owning/influencing local decisions such as facilities, policies, staffing, local partnerships, and a change agent and a leader who can steer the company in the most profitable direction.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Drives business results through strong technical and operational practices.
- Provides broad technology leadership across development, data processing, QA, BI, infrastructure, and operations with the ability to
drive optimal productivity/execution.
- Leads local-based partnering closely with functional owners to implement global standards/practices.
- In partnership with the leadership team, defines and implements operational strategy, structure and processes in India. Communicates
the strategic direction of the organization's operations and recommends benchmarks for measuring operating performance.
- Monitors performance to proactively identify efficiency issues and propose solutions.
- Ensures that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, hardware acquisitions, and
facilities are in line with the company's business plan and vision.
- Leads, motivates and manages the development of staff, which includes training and development, setting objectives and
priorities, and removing roadblocks to productivity and effectiveness.
- Provides regular performance updates to the senior leadership team and makes recommendations for procedural improvements
- Manages the facility footprint locally
- Attends Senior Technology Leadership Meetings and Monthly Business Reviews
- Serves on the India Board
Experience, Skills and Key Competencies
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in general business operations, with at least 5 years in a technical leadership role
- Strong business acumen with broad operations experience and knowledge of fundamental business and technology principles
- Demonstrated ability to grow the capacity/operations within an assigned market
- Proven track record of success facilitating organizational change and development within a growing product organization
- Demonstrated budget management skills
- Excellent judgment and problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution
- Demonstrated management skills and ability to influence and engage others
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Success working in a matrix environment leading within a direct and dotted line reporting structure
- Management experience in setting up or in growing the Technology Center of Excellence in India for a multi-national product company(preferably a European or US-headquartered company)
BE with 15-20 years of Experience
MBA preferredWhy is This a Great Opportunity:
The Indian operations have grown in the recent past to be a 200 strong team and is set to double over the next couple of years
The Country head would be on the India Board and collaborate with internal stakeholders across US and Europe