Global Property & Casualty Provider seeks a Data Engineer to be responsible for the analysis and review of all data requirements arising from various projects to ensure appropriate standards are being met regarding data model, structures and use of the appropriate data. Responsible for preparing and reviewing database changes, data mapping, data flow, ETL processes and any data layer used for reporting. Actively involved in the earlier phases of the project development to ensure the appropriate standards are being met.
- Assists in estimating level of effort for new development, fixes, enhancements; and in identifying high level tasks and resource requirements
- Participates in the analysis and requirements gathering processes and develops design specifications.
- Provides input into defining and steering strategies for the development of data related activities, such as data warehousing, operational data store (ODS), master data management (MDM), and metadata models.
- Work at the data model level & its specific requirements (database, schema, index, recommendation on performance issues & SQL construct).
- Designs and architects the implementation of common data models as well as providing data and information expertise to the team.
- Evaluating the use of data and relating data directly to the goals and practices of the company in a way that provides clear results.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Sciences or related field .
- 3-5 years of MS SQL Server development
- 2 years of database design, SSIS packages, Transact SQL, and query optimization experience is required
- Creation of stored procedures and other user-defined functions
- Data warehousing concepts, design, implementation and Dimensional Modeling
- P&C insurance experience a plus
Well established Global Property & Casualty Firm