**Must be a permanent US resident or US Citizen to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time**
If you enjoy working in a team environment and would like to learn, stretch yourself and contribute to the success of an evolving Systems & Technology function, read on!
The right candidate:
- Is equally adept at taking direction and taking initiative to solve programming challenges.
- Finds that using online tools to research problems comes naturally.
- Excels at conveying complex information in simple, accessible ways.
- Is intrinsically motivated and focused on providing high quality deliverables.
- Finds that attitude is as important as technical skill.
- Loves it when an assignment goes right, but is resilient and stays upbeat when it doesnt.
- Listens well, asks incisive questions, and digs into details while keeping the big picture in focus.
- Above all, thrives on collaboration and takes great satisfaction in helping others meet their goals.
You will work alongside other developers and management to develop, write, update, maintain and modify computer programs and software systems.
- Write, update and maintain computer programs and software packages to handle specific jobs such as insurance administration, data reporting, tracking inventory, storing and retrieving data, and controlling other equipment. Modify existing programs to increase operating efficiency and adapt to new requirements.
- Meet and interact with customers to define and refine requirements, clarify program intent, test modifications, identify problems, suggest changes and provide support post-deployment.
- Analyze and develop documentation detailing software components, functions, and/or describe the processes performed by the software.
- Run tests and collaborate with computer operators and systems analysts to define and resolve problems in operating computer programs.
- Work with model office analysts to design and test modifications on new applications.
- Follow through with testing to ensure that desired results are produced.
- Provide on call support after hours on a rotational schedule for overnight batch cycles.
- Maintain and grow your knowledge and skills through on-the-job training, seminars, webinars, and self -study.
- Expand your understanding of back-end and front-end technologies as a full-stack developer.
- Bachelor's degree in technical field, and a minimum of 3 years' experience in Information Technology and Software Development programming required.
- Proficiency in Java programming language required.
- Proficiency in Agile Software Development required.
- Fluency in modern web browsers on multiple devices and their respective limitations and strengths.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with remote team members and internal clients.
- Ability to work outside of normal business hours to meet project deadlines, release schedules and provide on call support as needed.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS DESIRED:
- Experience with jQuery and Bootstrap preferred.
- Experience with web security protocols outlined by OWASP preferred.
- Stable company with $2.7 billion in assets
- Involved in charity organizations
- IT team always using the most updated/cutting edge technology- company believes in it and invests in IT
- Fast-paced environment where your hard work is rewarded with salary increases and profit sharing
- Flexible hours for work life balance and business casual environment