The Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing, documenting, testing Insurance System Applications, and providing technical support to the business users with a focus on Guidewire PolicyCenter. Proactively works with the Information Technology Team Leads and Business Community in the planning and execution of all activities required to ensure that applications, interfaces, code environments, and functions remain highly available and up-to-date for both maintenance and business prioritized enhancements.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user requirements pertaining to rate, rule, or form changes to existing or new lines of business.
- Ability to work directly with Underwriting, Filings, and Premium Operations management to understand business requests and applicable regulatory requirements to create clear and concise business requirement documentation.
- Writes detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and process steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes, and integrations to external or other Guidewire suite applications, and makes recommendations related to a proposed solution.
- Develops testing scenarios and expected results relative to specific software specifications and development.
- Performs regression, unit, and system software testing per test plans.
- Communicates issues and verifies issue resolution.
- Develops and communicates workarounds to business processes and system problems.
- Provides continuous progress and status reporting to project management.
- Assists in assembling test team members from functional areas as needed for user acceptance testing.
- Creates application documentation to assist in the support and training of users.
- Effectively applies company Agile project methodology and enforces project standards.
- Reviews business and technical deliverables.
- Ensures that assigned issues are driven to conclusion.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years Commercial Property & Casualty insurance products experience.
- 2+ years experience in Guidewire PolicyCenter configuration, integrations, forms, or rating.
- Ability to configure insurance products in Guidewire PolicyCenter using Standards Based Templates (SBT) required; Advanced Product Designer (APD) experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking; has the ability to think outside of the box.
- Business Analysis or Software Testing Certification preferred.
- Experience in a Guidewire cloud environment is a plus
Why is This a Great Opportunity: