We are seeking a hardworking Import/Export Coordinator to join our Portland-based team.
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service always.
- Responsible for the movement of goods from another country, ensuring the transit and delivery is made on time. This means liaising regularly with overseas offices, partners or agents and involves all modes of transportation
- Ensure all necessary paperwork is complete and acceptable for entry to Customs
- Obtain charges and cargo release details from freight forwarding agents, shipping lines and airlines
- Responsible for ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as required, processing all payments and necessary paperwork for accounting purposes according to company requirements
- Responsible for ensuring maximum profitability on a shipment
- May be required to check goods in as they arrive against paperwork to ensure shipments are in good order and accounted for.
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, billing, and classification.
- Able to manage deadlines and sometimes difficult situations, therefore an element of negotiation is required to meet commitments timely
- Check manifests, invoices, and orders to ensure they are recorded accurately for incoming shipments
- Work closely with customers and vendors to ensure any problems, damages or anomalies are corrected
- May be required to arrange the release and transportation of goods received to importer or deliver to party
- Help with the cargo screening process.
- Process data through the Companys system and obtain consular releases and other government agency releases as appropriate.
- Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process documentation for outgoing shipments and provide clear instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association, Code of Federal Regulations, and/or International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use, and setting profit margins for individual shipments.
- Review shippers letters of instructions, requests for information from client, and other correspondence.
- Communicate changes of U.S. and foreign shipping regulations and procedures to client.
- Identify transactions and tasks that require special handling, recommend improved processes to management, and implement resolutions within assigned scope of responsibility.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner. Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the export process.
- Continue follow up until shipment has reached its final destination.
- Experience in forwarding/logistics/distribution operations.
- Experience handling both air freight and/or break bulk.
- Knowledge of geography to assist with the day-to-day movement of freight around the world.
- Must be able to load and unload pallets and lift boxes to be screened of a weight up to 75 pounds.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Hazardous certification is preferred.
- Growing company with upward mobility.
- Strong benefits package (health, dental, vision, etc)
- Leadership that values your experience and potential contribution
- Overtime and bonuses are available (please inquire for more details)