NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
The Applications Engineer will be the technical voice of the customer and provide insight into developing customer market strategies that increase the companys customer value.
- Work in collaboration with Account Executives in the identification and execution of optimization opportunities within customers facilities. This includes presenting optimization solution proposals supported by CADCAFIS and MAGMASOFT simulation.
- Provide ongoing technical assistance to customers in the form of metallurgical, production process, gating, risering, pattern layout, product applications, and casting defect analysis.
- Participate in Product Management, Product Development, and Operation Teams in the development and commercialization of new product designs.
- Develop and present technical papers and seminars. Introduce product innovations and promote new technologies to customers and at Foundry Association Events.
- Develop and maintain project plans and time management schedules.
- Provide comprehensive technical reports on customer projects.
- This position will require local, domestic, and international travel.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or science discipline. Preferably Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering.
- 5 + years of Ferrous metals casting experience and foundry processes.
- Knowledge of modern foundry gating and risering practices and influencing factors along with experience using refractory coatings in foundry settings.
- Experience in Six SIGMA and Lean are a plus.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a leading manufacturer of products and solutions for the global foundry industry is looking for an Applications Engineer to join their growing team.
The Applications Engineer is the technical liaison between the organization and a key strategic customer.
In addition to these technical responsibilities, the successful candidate will also assist in the development, administration, and execution of the Ferrous Foundry marketing strategies.