This job is archived
- Responds to customer needs to maintain long term customer preference for company products.
- Identifies and distributes sales opportunities and leads for existing and new product programs and actively engages in selling the companies strategies to achieve successful close of new business.
- Engages the Sales Engineers to ensure strategic selling/growth opportunities are properly supported.
- Acts as liaison to coordinate the sharing of information between the customer and the company including marketing, sales, manufacturing, quality, finance, and the management teams.
- Works with customers to support the delivery of new solutions to grow sales.
- Provides commercial assistance regarding pricing, account maintenance, forecasting and quality.
- Provides and coordinates technical resources regarding the application of products and solutions.
- Answers inquiries and questions from customers related to ongoing use of products, maintenance requirements, operations, and other related information.
- Provides reports on account, market and competitive activity.
- Responds swiftly and courteously to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Captures and documents changes to customer information, including addresses and phone numbers, for future follow-up.
- Monitors account health including service-delivery, receivables, quality issues and competitive threats.
- Bachelors Degree or related experience and outcomes in business to business sales, technical field
- MBA Degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of foundry processes, particularly casting processes, end user markets and technical requirements of the metal casting industry is preferred, but not required.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Our client, a leading manufacturer of products and solutions for the global foundry industry is looking for an Account Manager to join their growing team.
This position coordinates and partners with resources within the business (Sales, Operations, Buyers, Marketing, Product Management, Finance) to support customer success. The Account Manager will be responsible for maintaining long term commercial relationships with assigned customers. The position holder will act as primary relationship manager between the customers supply chain mechanism and the company, providing sales support, monitoring for opportunities to upsell accounts to grow the overall business, connecting the customer and providing access to technical information and application resources, monitoring service-delivery and recommending implementing improvement strategies. The position will also provide forecasting, issue resolution and general account maintenance to ensure long term sales potential.