MINE ENGINEERING MANAGER
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
A well-financed, publicly traded Junior mining company seeks a Mine Engineering Manager to join their experienced team and lead the company in the technical design criteria and specification reports for mine engineering. They offer stability, a generous salary with incentives and a benefit plan.
Primary duties include: (partial list)
- Review and assist in the preparation of technical design criteria and specification reports for mine engineering including geotechnical, ventilation, hydrogeology, excavation and extractionapplied within capital projects.
- Review and provide input for project criteria, guidelines, standards, and practices based upon latest codes, technologies, and methodologies.
- Lead design efforts with other project personnel, external consultants and external technical agencies for Basic Engineering and Detailed Engineering phases of the project.
- Develop strategies, plans and budgets for project delivery through the Engineering, Procurement and Construction management phases of the project.
- Lead the commissioning team (internal & external resources) to ensure safe and successful startup of the project.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Engineering degree with a strong technical background.
- 10+ years of experience in underground mining.
- Knowledge in underground mine design, ventilation, hydrogeology, excavation and extraction.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
The individual will reside or relocate to Saskatoon. Relocation assistance will be provided
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
The company is well financed and showing tremendous potential as they transition from exploration to construction to extraction.
Excellent compensation plan.
Relocation assistance if required.