The Director of HR will provide leadership to a HR team of three while supporting the company in all areas of human resources including employee relations & retention, talent acquisition, compensation & Benefits, performance management, and training & development.
- Plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies and procedures ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organizations mission and talent strategy
- Collaborate with senior leadership to understand and shape organizations goals and strategies in relation to unique program needs regarding recruitment and retention.
- Monitor and ensure organizational compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Review and modify policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Working closely with department Managers on employee relations, performance management and staff development
- Provide support to the Executive Director and Board of Directors relating to human resources matters or issues. Facilitate the Board Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Personnel Committee.
- Prepare reports required by funders and regulators and maintain all necessary records
- Maintains knowledge of HR trends and best practices while creating a collaborative, employee focused culture.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources(HR), Business Administration, or related field; Masters Degree preferred.
- Minimum five to ten years experience in Human Resources Management with minimum two years supervisory experience.
- Human Resources certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively handle a variety of projects and assignments simultaneously.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
Great opportunity to join the Leadership team of a multi-location, community action agency that supports youth and seniors in the greater Syracuse area. Open due to retirement.