Distributed Control Systems Controls Superintendent
Responsible to oversee and maintain the reliability of the Refinery
control system as a whole. Ultimate accountability of the Plants
control system falls on this position. The ability to work odd or long
hours, weekends and holidays are a requirement for this position. This
position must also possess the technical abilities to be proficient at
most, if not all of, the functions of its direct reports, and a
willingness and ability to perform those functions.
Primary Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain the control system philosophy in order to
remain ahead of the obsolescence curve.
- Develop and maintain sufficient preventative maintenance plan to
ensure the continued reliability of the plant control system.
- Manage, coach and evaluated direct reports including technical and
- Develop and adhere to both capital and expense budgets for the
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis, Risk Management,
Investigations and other committees as assigned.
- Assist with all new project design as related to the Plant Control
- Troubleshoot complex control system issues including equipment
failures as well as process design or tuning issues.
- Coordinate with all departments to ensure continued reliable
operation of the Refinery control system.
- Fill any and all of the functions outlined in Instrumentation and
Controls Engineer, Distributed Control Systems Configuration
Engineer and Distributed Control Systems Network Administrator.
- Work closely with Corporate Information Technology to address
network design, user access and cyber security concerns.
- Follow-through on commitments made to others.
- Create and maintain a neat, clean and well-organized and
professional-looking work area.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Bachelor's degree in related Engineering field (Electrical, Computer, and
Chemical). Ten years experience supporting Distributed Control Systems
as an Engineer or five years supporting Foxboro Intelligent Automation
Systems. Strong configuration skills in an Integrated Control
Configurator and FoxDraw Environment. Familiar with PLC design and
configuration, as well as its implementation in SIS designs. Proficient
in networking applications and peripheral support systems such as System
Auditor, Control Loop Monitoring, and Alarm Management applications.
Long term stable company with excellent career and growth opportunities.
Wyoming has no state income tax. It also offers a wide range of outdoor adventures for everyone.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 120000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars