NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Leads the execution of the finance strategies and initiatives for the Company, aligned with the organizations longterm strategy. This role provides leadership and coaching to finance team to ensure that services, operating standards, and controls are met both internally and externally. This role ensures the delivery of core programs and processes in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible, including but not limited to: monthly and quarterly reporting of results, control and financial audits, tax reporting, insurance
reporting and developing budget, forecasts, and strategic plans for the mine. The Finance Manager for the Company is responsible for managing the finance function for cooperting companies and developing the finance teams to effectively contribute to their respective operations departmental needs and provide accurate financial data to aid in decision making.
1. Manage the Accounting Department.
2. Provides direction and leadership for the Accounting Department.
3. Participates in developing department and sites goals and objectives.
4. Maintains control over the accounting system and its integrity.
5. Develops and recommends annual budget, compares performance with operating plans and standards.
6. Oversee the short range and long range cost forecasts and operating plans, provide departmental financial updates and making financial recommendations.
7. Actively participate as a member of senior management to establish and manage general operating parameters.
8. Supervise accounting systems with established accounting practices and procedures including periodic audits.
9. Provide timely and accurate financial reports as required by management.
10. Review month end financial statements and results and report to management.
11. Assist department heads in monitoring and controlling individual departmental costs.
12. Maintain control over fixed assets and capture tax depreciation.
13. Filing of property tax, net proceeds tax and excise tax with the State of Alaska.
14. Ensure royalty calculations are accurate and payments are timely per agreements.
15. Assures protection for the assets of the business through internal control, internal auditing and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
16. Responsible for conducting performance evaluations, recommending promotions and carrying out corrective actions as needed.
17. Review documentation of accidents, injuries and equipment damage and recommend prevention strategies as necessary.
18. Punctuality and regular attendance is required including travel within the state and overnight stays.
19. Meet or exceed established performance expectations set by management.
20. Compliance with all company policies and procedures including but not limited to safety, confidentiality, and environmental policies.
21. Possession of a valid drivers license issued by the state.
22. Work safely in all areas, identify potential safety hazards, and work with management to correct them.
23. Work without significant risk of harm to self and others.
24. Perform other duties as required.
Company Specific Policies
Creates an environment where nothing is more important than every employee returning home safe and healthy every day.
Creates an environment in which people are unfailingly treated with respect.
Fosters the talent and potential of all employees by enabling them to grow, develop, and make a difference in the organization.
Demonstrates that leadership in the areas of environmental performance and community and stakeholder relations is fundamental to the way we plan and manage our business.
Holds self and others accountable for the decisions, commitments, and behaviors required to deliver outstanding results.
Uses judgment to manage business complexities, prioritize and balance conflicting demands to make timely decisions that best advance Company strategy.
Builds and brings teams and people together to achieve organizational goals. Models humility by going beyond selfinterest for the good of the group.
Understands the economic implications of decisions and consistently uses all resources effectively and efficiently to maximize shareholder value.
Relentlessly champions, develops and embeds best practices.
Strategic Effectiveness - Developing and communicating rigorous and creative business strategies that drive sustainable value.
External engagement - Understanding and building relationships with external parties that strengthen and sustain competitive advantage.
Business Focus - Applying commercial rigor and discipline to all business decisions and customer relationships.
Living the Company Values - Aligning behavior, decisions, and actions with Company values and principles.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
1. Bachelors degree in accounting or equivalent experience with increasing levels of responsibility.
2. Ten years of work experience is required, preferably in the mining industry.
3. Required background to include extensive experience with budgeting and forecasting, materials management, warehousing and procurement; exposure to on-site computer software is a plus.
4. Strong technical accounting abilities are essential.
5. General understanding of system integrations.
6. Mine start up, expansion, and/or closure experience desired.
7. Knowledge of accounting and applicable flow to general ledger of both income statement and balance sheet.
8. Strong working knowledge and skill with a PC utilizing word processing and spreadsheet programs.
9. Demonstrated strong supervisory skills in managing personnel in varying and unrelated fields.
10. Ability to work independently and also as a member of the management team.
11. Excellent administrative and organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
12. Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets.
Health, Safety, and Environmental Requirements
Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations.
Have a strong commitment to safe working practices.
Wears Personal Protective Equipment at all times while in the production environment.
Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions.
Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Alaska is a dynamic location with easy access to year-around outdoor activities including boating, general aviation, hiking, hunting, fishing, skiing, 4-wheeling, and snow-machining. There is an abundance of wildlife and a diverse history & culture as well.