Our client needs a Controls Engineer who is responsible for the design,
specification, upgrades, commissioning and troubleshooting of plant
equipment control systems.
The Controls Engineer works closely with the engineering and maintenance
groups to analyze root causes of equipment failures and propose/perform
- Provide design, specification, start-up and commissioning for
controls portion of equipment projects for new equipment and
existing equipment modifications,
- Troubleshoot electrical and electronic controls problems or
breakdowns for existing equipment
- Perform modifications in PLCs/drives/control electronics for new
products or new production techniques.
- Perform evaluations of existing equipment controls and network
- Perform upgrades as required.
- BS in Electrical or Electronics Engineering preferred.
- 2 plus years in similar role in manufacturing environment, ideally
plastic processing equipment
- Expertise in PLC ladder logic design and troubleshooting.
- Confident in multiple automation OEMs such as Rockwell, A/B,
- Software programs such as Rockwell Studio 5000, RSLogix.
- Expertise in motor controllers/VFDs, such as Parker, ABB, A/B.
- Experience in AutoCAD or Solidworks to make or modify electrical and
- Experience in SCADA software such as Ignition.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work under pressure during troubleshooting of
manufacturing equipment breakdown.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with good
- Self-starter, with solid oral and written communication skills.
Our client is a custom plastic sheet extrusion and lamination company that needs a Controls Engineer to help them become a more successful company.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 90000
Salary Max : 110000
Currency Type : US Dollars