Reporting to the site Process Director, youll interact with the production team working to improve product quality and optimize processes.
Youll be a liaison between Operations, Quality, Plant Technology, and R&D to ensure optimal quality and productivity standards are being met on all process lines.
- Responsible for planning and execution of new trials including setup, preparation, testing, and follow-up reporting; Investigate and evaluate new technologies, equipment, and raw materials.
- Support operator training to ensure job instructions, recipes, and processes are followed.
- Establish Machine Process Capabilities by working with Quality and Operation teams in order to optimize efficiency, productivity, and product quality.
- Work with the Quality, Technology, and the Commercial Team, establish Product Specifications that fall within established machine capabilities.
- Investigate and resolve customer concerns and support the implementation of any needed Root Cause and Corrective Action analysis.
- Provide statistical analysis including Process Capability (Ppk, Cpk etc..) and data trend analysis.
Applicant Background Requested:
Were searching for a Manufacturing Process Engineer who has worked in a plant that manufactures film products or related products such as tapes, foil, laminates, release liners, and plastic packaging etc.
- B.S in Plastics or Polymer Technology, Chemical Engineer, or Chemistry
- 2+ years' experience in a technical position that includes a focus on material converting
- The best background would come from a plant with blown film extraction and slitting operations
- NOT interested in individuals from chemical plants that convert monomers into polymers
- Knowledge of Continuous improvement implementation and sustainability
- Lean or Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of safe workplace practices, standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Experienced in Design of Experiments and MiniTab or related statistical software
- Experience with industrial ERP systems, preferably SAP.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA without sponsorship (Sorry, no current or future sponsorship).
Why they are a great company to work for:
- Expect career stability due to a diversity of products including one product line that is associated with personal care needed in every economy.
- They are in an exciting growth mode with ongoing expansion underway.
- There are many long-term employees onsite who are choosing to stay even after being eligible for retirement.
Locatedin Chester County PA, in a great school district and commutable from various Philadelphia suburbs.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars