Reporting to the site Quality & Technical Manager, youll interact with the production team working to improve product quality and reduce/rework while also supervising the Quality Laboratory staff.
Work activities will be focused in two areas: 1) Leadingactivities in the quality lab and 2) working to solve plant quality problems
- Lead the Quality Testing Lab, including:
- Promoting safety, leading by example and encouraging the team to follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Scheduling and managing hourly staff
- Reviewing out of spec test results
- Performing capability analysis on current testing equipment; gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R)
- Manage the calibration program for all plant measuring tools
- Recommends new technology or equipment that would provide improvements to the current quality lab.
- Partner with manufacturing process engineers on continuous improvement activities focused on product quality improvements.
- Participate in new product trials and qualifications
- Accountable for the resolution of problems with product quality
- Initiating customer Complaint Investigation
- Participating in troubleshooting with root cause analysis
- Tracking internal Corrective Actions and follow-ups
- Flagging for Internal Rejects and Reworks to ensure that defective material does not get shipped to the customers.
- Provide leadership within the ISO 9001 and Quality Management system and support internal and external audits
- Utilize various Company databases such as Finishing Specifications, Customer/Product Specifications, QDMS (Quality Data Management System) and SAP
Applicant Background Requested:
Were searching for a Quality Assurance professional working directly to support a manufacturing facility. The best applicants will have some supervisory experience, be comfortable interacting with manufacturing plant employees, and are familiar with ISO 9001.This client is more interested in a proven history of problem solving than any particular degree.
- Minimum Associates Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Science, or related field
- Preferred B.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Polymer Science
- 2 + years hands-on experience in a Quality Assurance Lab needed to mentor Quality Lab Techs
- Experience troubleshooting plant problems related to product quality.
- Knowledge of statistical techniques and root cause analysis including experience with statistical analysis software such as MiniTab.
- Best with:
- Background in Lean/Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of the converting industry and slitting machines (paper, plastic films, foil, liners etc.)
- Previous customer facing responsibilities
- Must be authorized to work without sponsorship now or in the future.
Why they are a great company to work for:
- Expect career stability due to a diversity of products including one product line that is associated with personal care needed in every economy.
- They are in an exciting growth mode with an ongoing expansion underway.
- There are many long-term employees onsite who are choosing to stay even after being eligible for retirement.
Locatedin Chester County PA, in a great school district and commutable from various Philadelphia suburbs.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 95000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars