This job is archived
Responsible and accountable for steering the environmental, health and
safety initiatives in support of business requirements. Ensure
environmental and safety compliance with all applicable federal, state
and local regulations. Drive continuous improvement initiatives within
environmental, health, safety and associated areas. Ownership of safety
training activity for new hires and annual training requirements for all
areas of the facility.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental
federal, state and local regulations.
- Drive incident/accident free work place initiative through
education, training, coaching and other efforts to create a culture
of ownership for safety within the workforce.
- Review, investigate and take corrective action on all accidents and
incidents (near miss, recordable incidents, non-recordable
incidents, property damage).
- Create and maintain plant-wide safety and accident prevention
- Assist with workers' compensation reporting requirements.
- Conduct facility wide audits/inspections in areas of compliance
- Perform inspections as required to ensure compliance with all
- Bachelors degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene or Environmental and
- Background and understanding of Behavior Based Safety programs
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel, Word &
- OSHA 30-hour certificate (preferred)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great, stable company with opportunity for growth.