The Automation Engineer is responsible for the site automation, training, troubleshooting major failures, software back-up, research, development, improvement and testing of electrical/electronic components, equipment and systems. The position works closely with production and maintenance personnel, as well as management to ensure continuous operation and continuous improvement of equipment and processes.
- Collect, analyze, and report asset performance and work with teams to implement methods to improve performance and sustain existing efficiencies.
- Develop solutions and provide recommendations for major equipment modifications, renovations, installations, additions, and replacements to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Support planning and scheduling standard processes to effectively execute all down-days and outages.
- Identify critical equipment spares, material, component needs, and coordinate with maintenance, procurement, and stores to identify re-order processes/quantities to minimize downtime by using Reliability Centered Maintenance methodologies.
- Participate in Failure Analysis on maintenance issues.
- Assist with Annual Action Planning process.
- Improve equipment reliability using Predictive Technologies (PdM).
- Participate in continuous improvement projects using QIS, Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizens, and other continuous improvement tools.
- BS in Electronics, Networking, Automation or Electrical Engineering
- 5+ years experience required
- Strong knowledge of AC/DC controls and motors
- Ability to oversee electrical products, equipment, systems, etc. including elements of design, implementation, maintenance, and operational and safety standards
- Prior experience in programming PLCs
- Solid understanding of computer programming and software development
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment problems and perform complex system tests
- Must be comfortable using MS Office, SAP, IBA and CAD
Desired technical knowledge:
- A/C Motor tuning
- A/C High and Medium voltage GE and ABB drives
- GE Cimplicity, HMI software
- Proficy Historian
- Computer networking
- Cisco switching/router configuration
- Advanced hydraulic understanding
Company is Global Leader in their field! Great Benefits and Real Bonuses! Opportunity for growth!
Great location, just 25 minutes to Dallas/Ft. Worth!