Job Title: Safety Specialist
SUMMARY: Act as a resource for coworkers on regulatory safety standards
and limiting risk of injury. Share knowledge with the team by
conducting training and creating informational materials that inform the
workplace. Research developments in safety technology and recommend new
equipment or methods to leadership. Identify safety training needs for
employees in different areas such as emergency response, mechanical
safety, chemical hazards etc. Manage injury reporting and follow up
corrective actions. Analyze and track accidents and safety metrics, to
make recommendations to leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the development and implementation of safety
programs such as lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fire
protection, and other OSHA safety compliance programs.
- Advises the team of safety protocols and procedures to ensure
the safety of employees, and ensure compliance to all regulatory
local, state, and federal agencies, including the Occupational
Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Performs hazard analyses and recommends mitigation procedures.
- Participates in the development and implementation of department
safety work order tracking and reporting.
- Conducts routine and follow-up, safety and hazard inspections of new
and current processes and equipment.
- Responds to emergency situations involving hazardous materials, fire
and smoke incidents, or unknown hazards; prepares reports of
findings and submits recommendations.
- Analyzes accident and incident reports for trends; makes
recommendations for correcting unsafe conditions and actions.
- Leads and/or guides the department leaders and safety committee in
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Reports to: HR Manager
QUALIFICATIONS:The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience Expected:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required.
- Must pass Functional Job Analysis and Pre- Employment Drug Screen position and Industrial Maintenance Position.
- Prior manufacturing experience is preferred.
- National Career Readiness Certificate is preferred
- Sense of urgency and ownership
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language.
Great company, stable and growing. 75 years old with 3 plants in the US and one in Mexico. Opportunities for advancement. Generous relocation assistance, profit sharing and bonuses.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 75000
Salary Max : 75000
Currency Type : US Dollars