NATURE AND SCOPE:
The major role of this job is to ensure routine management efforts are followed and opportunities for improvement in processes, products, and production within the area of responsibility are identified.
The Electrical Supervisor is responsible for ensuring standardization of processes within the area of responsibility. These duties will include needs assessments, auditing, coaching of production/quality improvement programs and standards, ITS training, 5S improvements, development and implementation of cost and environmental control goals, development and implementation of new and current preventive maintenance and safety management processes and procedures.
- Is responsible for providing leadership guidance on establishing a productive, high performing, and safety conscious in our Melt Shop, with the ability to work in a demanding and dynamic environment.
- Focus on all aspects related to safety, environmental, production, cost, quality, and people management through the continuous application of GBS principles.
- Responsible for a team of electricians
- Possess a wide range of electrical knowledge in various disciplines including but not limited to high voltage, automation, and instrumentation.
- Controlling the workflow within the Melt Shop, assist in minimizing downtime/breakdowns and maximizing productivity, monitor performance, managing routine processes, and training employees in routine management standards.
- Tracking and troubleshooting equipment delays and putting plans in place to eliminate them.
- Work on continued recruitment, training, and team development.
- Facilitate training sessions for personnel under a maintained training matrix on the compliance standards, routine methodologies, tools, policies, practices, and processes.
- Coach and develop the team at failure analysis and support the QIS methodology.
Full Description Available Upon Request!Qualifications:
- Two year college degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or Materials Science.
- A MINIMUM of 4 years experience in STEEL Industry.
- Working Knowledge of steel manufacturing methodologies.
- Melt Shop Experience Preferred!!
- Previous qualifying experience in scrap processing, melting, casting, rolling, maintenance, finishing, shipping/warehouse operations, and supervisory/facilitation a must.
- Successful candidate will demonstrate a basic knowledge of the business system and the use of complex technical and engineering processes.
World class company close to Dallas! Opportunity for growth and fantastic benefits starting day one! Annual bonus plan. Relocation available!
Great location, just 25 minutes to Dallas/Ft. Worth!