This job is archived
Responsible for providing technical guidance for operating units and equipment within the plant. This role maintains and improves the safety, environmental standards, structural integrity, overall reliability, and operating costs for tanks, pressure vessels, and safety relief valves. The Mechanical Integrity Program Coordinator develops strategies to manage mill assets at peak performance, optimize lifetime return on investment, mitigate reliability risk, and support capital improvements in support of long-term sustainable performance. Field supervision and inspection of work. Project management and office administrative duties will be required in support of the functional area of assignment. Incumbents are expected to exercise initiative and independence in implementing departmental policies, developing effective work processes, and solving operational problems
Job Functions:Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- Maintains ownership, coordinates, and facilitates the established Tank Integrity Program, Pressure Vessel Integrity Program, and Safety Relief Valve Program by working with management, operations, contractors, and outside vendors.
- Utilize Tank Integrity Database to schedule and prioritize work.
- Facilitate onsite/virtual meetings with area managers, contractors, and the maintenance team to discuss repairs and inspection findings.
- Subject matter expert on API 653, API 510, and ASME Code.
- Provide/Calculate Risk Assessments and End of Service Life estimates.
- Analyzes maintenance and reliability work practices to identify performance drivers. Works collaboratively with maintenance leadership on the design/reengineering of existing work processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness within established technical standards.
- Works with all relevant departments to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations adhering to the life cycle asset management process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
- Research materials and concepts to advise and support technical issues influencing mechanical designs.
- Design improvements for equipment/systems to improve overall reliability, availability, and predictability of production, improve process safety, and environmental performance including complex designs.
- Identifies and recommends changes in existing instrumentation and controls and suggests changes in plans to meet operational or department requirements and regulations.
- Recommend equipment reliability improvements by doing an analysis of equipment trends, historical, and field data.
- Study performance and reliability of existing equipment and establish programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations. These problems include capacity, quality, cost, or regulatory compliance issues.
- Troubleshoot mechanical systems to determine root causes and take corrective actions to resolve system failures.
- Specify appropriate Preventive Maintenance (PMs) and Predictive Maintenance (PdMs) based on Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
- Assist and support maintenance department on extended downtime and planned outages.
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Considerable knowledge of safe work practices, OSHA, and environmental rules and regulations
- Comprehensive knowledge of engineering principles, operations, maintenance, and construction of mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of industry safety, design, and inspection standards and procedures
- Demonstrated technical, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis skills
- Working knowledge of reliability-centered maintenance and reliability modeling concepts (Design Standards, RCFA, Maintenance Strategies)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, diagrams, and sketches
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel, customers, vendors, and visitors
- Bachelors degree in electrical, mechanical, or construction engineering with 3 years related industrial maintenance experience or 7 years related industrial maintenance experience
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Working knowledge of API 653, API 510, and ASME Code
- Skilled in the utilization of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP.
- Skilled in the utilization of project planning software, preferably Microsoft Project.
- Multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet deadlines on a continuous basis.
- Ability to work as a self-directed individual and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain change
- Demonstrated ability to engage a workforce
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proactive problem solver
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledgeable in process safety programs including incident investigations, process hazard analysis, management of change, and mechanical integrity.
- Familiarity with industry standards such as the American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) applicable to maintenance and mechanical engineering in a paper, refining, petro-chemical, or manufacturing industry
- General schedule is an 8-10-hour M-F assignment, however, the employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends, and be punctual while doing so.
- Periodic weekend-duty coverage for the maintenance department.
Company loves to promote from within. Plenty of growth in this industry. Great relocation and benefits.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 80000
Salary Max : 105000
Currency Type : US Dollars