NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Chemical Process Engineerprovides technical support and leadership within the department. Develop and implement best practices to improve safety, quality, productivity and cost reduction. Develop specific performance parameters for machine operations.
Manage trails, identify process improvements and document these improvements through Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Support the mills Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management system as required including updating operator rounds, auditing of operations for out of range process variables and working with management and hourly employees to correct out of range KPIs.
- Drive best practices in safe operations and ensure the safety of all operations, maintenance and staff personnel.
- Lead activities in determining the efficient and effective use of the full spectrum of the process chemistry to include an evaluation of the economic use of established chemical controls as well as any trial chemistry being evaluated for use.
- Overseethe monitoring and maintenance of process control instrumentation, sampling and verification of process indication.
- Manage vendor compliance with mill safety rules for storage, inventory and handling.
- Review daily production and quality data, analyzes production and operation issues.
- Assist in the preparation of yearly cost and production budgets.
- Collaborate with key personnel in outage planning and operational scheduling.
- Analyze weekly and monthly process trends.
- Monitor departmental cost, develop capital project scope and budget.
- Train of hourly/salary personnel, mentor junior level engineers.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to influence people.
- Good organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous Improvement Ability- Improve Safety, Cost, Productivity, Quality & Morale on a daily basis.
- Coachable-willingness to make changes daily as required
- Aligns with and supports company and mill policies and procedures
- Able to teach and possess strong leadership skills.
- Bachelor Degree - Chemical Engineering, or Pulp & Paper Science, or other engineering discipline
- 1-3 years experience in process engineering preferably in the pulp and paper industry.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Loves to see and promote quality candidates. Top notch benefit and relocation plan.