Engineering and Maintenance Mgr
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
The Manager Maintenance and Engineering is a member of the Plant Leadership Team that provides leadership, direction, and overall accountability for management of the maintenance and engineering functions in the plant. This role directs the efforts of maintenance and engineering work selection, planning, scheduling, and work execution and is responsible for the maintenance expense budget. This position is a key in establishing and promoting a culture focused on safe, environmentally compliant, and reliably centered operations. As such is responsible to drive implementation and continuous improvement established procedures and practices and champion initiatives.
Duties & Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Manage and lead the activities of the maintenance and engineering teams to ensure process safety, safety, environmental, reliability, and cost goals of the refinery are achieved.
- Champion initiatives, projects, and programs that support the plants strategies and vision.
- Assure all work is performed safely and in compliance with environmental regulations
- Utilize sound human relations and communications skills to provide development of direct reports and motivation of staff resulting in a reliable and competent work force
- Interview candidates, determine development needs, evaluate performance for compensation, and address personnel issues including training, coaching, mentoring and disciplining of subordinates
- Drive continuous improvement using metrics and benchmarking to validate performance and by understanding root causes of failures. Establish reliability goals, communicate status and gaps compared to goals these goals, and forecast progress.
- Develop and implement corrective action initiatives and programs to improve maintenance, control process, and engineering performance as required
- Responsible for managing preventive and predictive maintenance initiatives and programs
- Oversee contractor activities and performance as utilized to supplement Maintenance Department
- Develops and manages the maintenance and engineering operating and capital project budgets and supports other departments with developing spending plans.
- Oversee and manage expenditures and continuously track, manage, and adjust spending to ensure performance to budget plans
- Oversee outage planning and execution through active participation in scope development, providing justification for work items, and providing support during commissioning of equipment, shutdown/startup and outage timeframe
- Participate in setting strategic direction, policies, and assist in overall decision-making, regarding operation of the facility as a contributing member of the Plants Lead Team
- Manage personnel issues including employee complaints and concerns, disciplinary activities, annual performance appraisals, and training needs.
- Ensure all Corporate & HR personnel policies and practices are understood and enforced
- Establish a working relationship with other staff and departmental managers to be sure activities across the Maintenance team support their needs as customers.
- Ensure maintenance and engineering resources are properly staffed and managed to meet plant expectations
- Other duties as assigned
MUST COME OUT OF HEAVY INDUSTRY WITH PAPER BEING A BULLSEYE
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technical discipline with ten (10) years of maintenance and/or engineering experience within heavy industry, preferably the paper industry, including three (3) years of progressive leadership roles
- Ten years of progressive and practical maintenance and/or engineering experience
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to lead diverse organizations
- Proven leadership, employee relations abilities, strategic planning, and analytical skills
- Proven knowledge of safe work practices, OSHA, and environmental regulations
- Working knowledge of industry safety, design, and inspection standards and procedures
- Knowledgeable in process safety programs including incident investigations, management of change, and mechanical integrity.
- Proven ability to lead, influence, and mentor all levels of the maintenance organization
- Proven experience with reliability and continuous improvement principles and techniques
- Comprehensive knowledge of the operation of an integrated mill
- Proven technical knowledge of various electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, HVAC, instrumentation, analyzer, structural, andbuilding systems
- Proven ability to manage and mentor leadership staff
- Demonstrated ability to drive change leading to improved performance over time
- Knowledgeable in work prioritization, selection, and scheduling best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience implementing world class maintenance Predictive and Preventative Maintenance Programs
- Proven understanding of financial management principles and effective problem-solving techniques
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic priorities to meet short and long-term objectives
- Proven ability to develop and implement changes necessitated by internal and external business conditions
- Proficient in utilizing computer, planning tools, and Microsoft Office applications including MS Excel, Word, Power Point, Project, and Outlook
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of Company personnel, customers, vendors, and visitors
- Solid verbal and written communication and technical writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to dynamic situations
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Experience within a unionized environment
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Knowledge Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma
- Experience and knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM)
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Great company with full relocation and benefits. Nice bonus with stock options as a potential.