The Assistant Paper Machine Superintendent will provide strategic and tactical leadership to achieve key operation objectives in safety, environmental compliance, reliability, production, quality, and cost. The successful candidate will focus on safely improving productivity and reducing costs through process/equipment optimization and operator knowledge/skill improvement. In addition, this position serves as coordinator and key communicator between the shift supervisors, operating crews and maintenance leadership to ensure that required equipment and tools are available for a successful operation.
- Lead workplace safety initiatives
- Manage performance of shift supervisors
- Promotes consistent adherence to operating standard work by auditing of shift leaders and operators on a daily basis.
- Coordinator and key communicator between the operating crews and maintenance leadership to ensure that equipment and tools needed for successful operation.
- Coordinate equipment shut down operations in order to maximize maintenance crew productivity.
- Reinforces operator standardized work system through weekly audits with directing coaching of operators and supervisors.
- Audits floor level countermeasure sheets on a daily basis to ensure proper follow-up on issues
- Coach operators and shift supervisors
- Performs weekly audits of designated 5S areas with coaching of supervisors as required.
- Monitor paper machine key operating parameters on a daily basis
- Assist with or lead problem solving of runability and quality issues as required
- Serves as operations maintenance coordinator to ensure proper communication and coordination of maintenance issues between operations, maintenance, and reliability department.
- Responsible for communication of equipment shutdown, prep, and lockout requirement for maintenance activities and handoff to operation following completion of work.
- Manage reliability issues tracking system to facilitate, communicate, follow up, and accountability or paper machine reliability and maintenance needs.
- Work to support efforts and assist in managing maintenance cost for paper machine.
- Support paper machine outage as needed.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to influence people.
- Good organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience a plus.
- Continuous Improvement Ability- Improve Safety, Cost, Productivity, Quality & Morale on a daily basis.
- 6-10 years previous experience with paper machine operations.
- 3-5 years experience as paper machine supervisor.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Need a candidate who is promotable. Great benefits with solid relocation plus a 20% bonus. One of the worldwide leaders in the paper industry.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 110000
Salary Max : 140000
Currency Type : US Dollars