85,000 – 120,000 • yearly
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
The Paper Machine Supervisor is responsible for direct supervision of the paper machine production, quality, immediate maintenance coordination and safety. This supervision includeshourly employees onshift, and indirect supervision over more employees on off shifts. The supervisor performs safety, quality, process, and mechanical checks. We have to make sure that the jobs are correctly filled with qualified people, constantly monitoring what is going on, filling out reports, scheduling and making corrections for payroll to be processed, taking care of people issues, see to it that mechanical issues are taken care of, and much, much more. Duties vary from day to day, depending on machine run-ability, people issues, or managerial requests. There are at times more duties than one person can achieve, in the time frame required, to do a proficient job.
JOB FUNCTIONS:Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
Provides leadership and supervision to production work teams and serves as the link to plant management for the team. Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the teams goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential. The production supervisor, in conjunction with the team, is responsible for product quality, equipment condition, team member safety, department housekeeping, and LEAN/5S.
- Supervises and facilitates the day-to-day shift activities of team. Utilizes knowledge and experience, providing training to team members. Responsible for their individual performance. Oversees scheduling, material handling issues and maintenance, as well as resolving production problems. Helps team achieve goals and has responsibility for personnel issues, including required discipline.
- Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourages and leads team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit. Develops and implements safety procedures and supports Health, Safety & Environmental Manager in achieving departmental and plant safety goals.
- Assures that the team maintains quality standards and uses SPC techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of personnel.
- Ensures that product quality, production efficiencies, and overall productivity meet or exceeds established standards, and is directly accountable for expenditures exceeding budgeted levels.
- Strives to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department. Provides assistance to the team in problem resolution and assures that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures. Employee must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5s and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of companys Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Must be supportive and involved in company efforts for LEAN, 5s, Six Sigma and other Continuous Improvement programs and processes.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Strives to clearly understand customer requirements and delivers results to meet or exceed customer expectations.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Extensive communication skills, proven good organizational abilities
- Proven decision Making ability, managerial courage, time management ability
- BS in Paper Science or Chemical engineering preferred but other degrees will be considered
- Continuous Improvement Lean Six-Sigma, Lean/Six Sigma knowledge preferred.
- Dynamic, flexible team player with demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others.
- Good Interpersonal skills and ability to influence people
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and other software applications as required for the business.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, and the ability to influence people.
- Good organization/project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other software applications as required for the business.
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
- Willingness and ability to fully manage 24/7 operation directly and through direct reports.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Excellent company with outstanding benefits and relocation packages. Looking for someone promotable.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 85000
Salary Max : 120000
Currency Type : US Dollars