Our client is seeking a Real Estate Attorney with experience in commercial real estate litigation and pre-litigation. The Real Estate Attorney will also support the Companys Legal and Closing team on the acquisition of properties and executing on the underlying financing of those portfolios as needed. As our new Real Estate Attorney, you will be hands-on in the legal transactional work of our commercial real estate and investment firm. The ideal candidate for this position will have experience in real estate litigation and commercial real estate acquisitions including drafting and negotiating purchase and sale documents, due diligence review, reviewing commercial agreements, preparing closing documents; and general experience representing property owners of commercial real estate.
The right candidate will be capable of critical thinking, be able to independently plan, prioritize, andorganize a diverse workload in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, provide quality work product, andwill turn around assignments in an expeditious manner. Working closely with the other members of theLegalandClosingteam,theAttorney mustbeteam-orientedandproactive.Thepositionrequires ahighlyorganized individual that can thrive in a fast-paced deal-driven environment. The Attorney will be detail-oriented and thorough, but also a pragmatic and goal-oriented problem-solver. This individual will be abletoworkcollaborativelyandcommunicateeffectivelyandprofessionallywithinternalandexternalparties.Qualifications:
- A minimum of two years of real estate experience.
- Must have experience with asset management issues, commercial real estate litigation and pre-litigation, and landlord-tenant disputes, and specific familiarity with leases, easements, rights of way, licenses, CCRs, and REAs.
- Must have solid commercial real estate transaction knowledge, including working on contract preparation, PSA negotiations, and commercial real estate closings
- Familiarity with CMBS loan agreements is preferred, but not mandatory
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify and manage priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be able to demonstrate diplomacy and perform well under pressure
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully both in a team and independently
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstration of polish, poise, and corporate etiquette
- Strong respect for confidentiality, moral obligations, and fiduciary duties
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
- Superior writing, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently, and have strong attention to detail
- An active member in good standing of the State Bar in a candidates state of residence
- JD from an accredited law school required
Our client is a privately held national commercial real estate investment firm, with primary offices in Des Moines; Dallas; Pasadena, and additional personnel situated remotely nationwide. The company standard is to offer remote work opportunities for professional individuals with a proven track record of excellent work product and seniority. The Company and its affiliates have acquired and manage over $4.7 billion in CRE assets, comprised of 1,000+ properties in 43 states. The firm has experienced consistent growth and anticipates adding $800 million+ annually to AUM. The long-term exit strategy for net-leased and value-add platforms is to provide greater diversification and value to investors by combining multiple portfolios into a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) to execute a public market sale, merger, IPO, or listing