Our client is seeking a highly experienced individual to lead their accounting team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in corporate accounting, financial management and team leadership. This role will be responsible for overseeing the financial operations and compliance of the organization, ensuring accurate financial reporting and providing strategic insights to drive business growth.
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual close process.
- Prepare the consolidation, equity rollforward, and statement of cash flows for Form 10-Q and 10-K, ensuring accuracy and adhering to SEC reporting standards.
- Oversee the preparation of detailed monthly General and Administrative analysis.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting for the company and corporate entities.
- Review detailed audit workpaper packages related to month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial reporting, in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Prepare the annual G&A budget and provide supporting information and analysis, including forecasting expenses and aligning the budget with company objectives.
- Prepare and record company share of income/loss, contributions, distributions, and other financial aspects related to unconsolidated joint ventures.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly reporting packages to a joint venture partner, including various financial analyses and IFRS financial statements.
- Oversee or prepare annual financial statements for managed entities, including detailed workpaper packages for year-end financial statement compilation or audit.
- Regular interaction with various departments within the organization, including Finance & Accounting, Internal Audit, Asset Management, Leasing, Legal, Property Management, and Acquisitions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, preferred
- CPA, preferred
- 5+ years of progressive accounting, audit, or reporting experience in a public real estate environment, preferably a REIT
- Previous experience in a top public accounting firm preferred
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices specific to public real estate organizations
- Proficient in accounting and real estate software
- Understanding of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SEC financial reporting requirements, including Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communication and relationship-building across various teams and levels
- Advanced analytical and technical accounting skills
- Exceptional organizational, coordination, and planning skills, with high attention to detail and strategic thinking abilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, individually and as a team leader
- Demonstrated success in team leadership, employee management, and partnering with executive leadership to drive organizational improvement
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Leadership opportunity within a people first company.
Salary Type : Annual Salary
Salary Min : 140000
Salary Max : 160000
Currency Type : US Dollars