SDET Java/Python/Web Services
Our client is the leading provider of cloud-based enterprise software for a very large global market. Their product supports email, instant messaging, social media, mobile messaging, along with mobile, Outlook, and web access.
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is a developer who specializes in writing code to test the product. They work directly with Developers, Product Managers and other SDETs to understand requirements and designs for upcoming changes, and to devise appropriate test strategies for those changes. They design and write the code for automated test cases and perform hands-on testing.
In this role you will be working directly with code in an established automation framework to test back-end services for large scale data processing. You will support the team's release and testing efforts while growing and maintaining automated coverage and frameworks.
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Write code to support development of automated frameworks and tests
- Execute test cases using both automated and manual techniques
- Identify, report and verify software defects
- Maintain test infrastructure and tools
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
Technical Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 3 years of test development experience
- Strong understanding of Java or Python languages
- Experience with Junit or pytest
- Experience with backend systems or APIs
- Experience with testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
- Performance testing with JMeter or similar tools
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Working in a Linux environment
- Multi-threaded programming
- Design patterns
If you have a strong development in back end testing in a Java environment and are looking to join a large, world class team ... this might be the opportunity for you!