Manager, Business Intelligence
NPAworldwide Recruitment Network
Leading supply chain management company in Morris County NJ is expanding its Development and Support team and is searching for an experienced Manager to lead this group. The Manager, Business Intelligence will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and delivering technology solutions in support of the companys strategic vision and goals. This includes identifying and implementing solutions needed to support new business and enhancements to product offerings, by the company.
This position requires an individual who can independently lead the design and implementation of technology solutions that are an integral part of the company's products, services, and success. The incumbent will need to interface between the various business units/leaders, department/functional owners within and outside the company, and a team of technical personnel as well as vendors and third-party solution providers.
This position will manage a team of hands-on technical staff, which includes technical analysts, application developers and BI Specialists.
- Work with system, product, and third party support vendors to ensure products and services meet all technical, functional and performance needs.
- Manage staff priorities, workload and development, delivery schedules.
- Manage and maintain corporate reporting and business intelligence platform
- Manage and maintain desktop tool suite developed using Microsoft and open source technologies. Experience with full Stack development a plus
- Support and maintain Production environments and applications, including monitoring system, applications uptime and performance and minimize downtime
- Key stakeholder, contributor in the implementation of the companys Analyitcs/BI strategy
- Research and implement technical tools needed to optimize business processes and workflows
- Establish foundational application development practices and procedures including technical standards, software-coding standards, tools, and platforms standards.
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining data integrity and validity for various applications.
- Review and analyze existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs; reviews requests for program changes required to meet needs of the business owners
- Provide timely communications to staff.
- Strong team emphasis and relationship-building skills; create effective partnerships with business, shared services and other IT support areas
- Bachelors degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with software development focus
- 8+ years of progressive broad-based information systems experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated management/supervisory experience in application implementation
- Experience with (SDLC) software methodologies such as Scrum/Agile
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and experience leading production support
- Experience in transaction processing and supply chain applications preferred
- Experience working in SQL Server environments with strong SQL Server development skills
- Hands-on experience with many disparate technologies, ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems. Strong technical skills with demonstrated experience in SQL, Python, Qlikview, MS Access, VB, Business Intelligence and Analytics tools Scripting
- Experienced in designing and possesses ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions
- Use of software tools to prototype data structures, process and system functionality (screens, reports, audit logs), data validation and storage logic
- Capable of providing time estimates and preparing design documents, developing, coding and testing
Proficiency in Source Code Control / Versioning (e.g. Git, SVN, TFS)
- Familiarity with Machine Learning implementations, Big Data and Deep learning
Why is This a Great Opportunity:
Growing transportation/logistics company